Tooth aches can be considered a dental emergency! If you are experiencing any pain or have a severe tooth ache, we recommend making an appointment in our office. At R2 Center for Dentistry, we are the leading practice for tooth ache treatments in Manhattan, KS. Our staff is trained to handle any dental emergency, and our patients’ health is always a priority. Our flexible schedule and hours allows our team to get you in to be seen right away.
What Can I Do at Home To Temporarily Relieve My Tooth Ache?
There are a few tips and tricks patients can do at home to help ease tooth ache pain before they are seen in our office. Oral pain can be caused by tooth decay, tooth injury, infection, or an abscess.
• Apply a cold compress to the area to help reduce inflammation.
• Rinse your mouth with salt water to help clear any infection and provide some pain relief.
• Take an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication such as ibuprofen.
• Peppermint tea bags can be used to help numb the area and ease your pain.
• Use clove oil to help reduce inflammation and oral pain. Clove oil is a natural antiseptic, and can give you some relief until you are seen in our office.
• Apply heat to help with any pain. Heat can help interrupt pain signals to from your mouth to your brain.
What Can I Expect During My Appointment?
When you visit our office to treat a tooth ache our team performs a detailed examination of your mouth and gums. We will review your medical history, and ask you a series of questions relating to your pain. These questions help us to identify how severe the tooth ache is and what is causing your pain. X-rays may be taken to aid our team if finding the problem. Once we have determined the cause of your pain, we will create a customized treatment plan and discuss the treatment options. Treatment may involve a filling or root canal therapy. Depending on the severity and condition of the tooth will determine what treatment is required.
Interested in Finding an Emergency Dentist in Manhattan, KS?
If you are interested in finding a dentist in Manhattan, KS to treat a dental emergency, R2 Center for Dentistry can help! Our doctors have years of experience and use state of the art technology to give patients the very best care. We always encourage patients to practice good oral hygiene habits at home to prevent tooth aches and decay. This can prevent issues, and keep your mouth and teeth feeling great.
Our Manhattan office is conveniently located near Manhattan High and Theodore Roosevelt Elementary, making us a great choice for patients living in the area. To schedule your appointment with us, contact R2 Center for Dentistry, and out staff will be happy to help you!