If it has been a while since you have had an extraction, and you are looking for a permanent solution, then dental implants may be right for you. Many think it’s too late and they have waited too long to address the issue. The good news is that implants work for most patients with missing teeth no matter how long ago the tooth was extracted. If you are in good oral and general health you are the perfect candidate for the implant process.
How Does the Dental Implant Process Work?
At R2 Center for Dentistry Manhattan our doctors are experts in the dental implant process, and continue to provide patients with beautiful smiles. Dental implants are placed into the jawbone and act like a natural tooth root. This implant fuses to the jawbone creating a stable base. Once the implant has healed, an abutment or connector piece is placed on top. Next, a custom crown is attached to the abutment to restore the function of your tooth.
Can Missing Teeth Have an Effect on the Implant Process?
If your tooth was extracted a while ago, your jawbone may shrink over time. Dental implants require adequate bone in the jaw to provide the needed support, and ensure the process is a success. If patients do not have enough bone present for the dental implant, bone grafts can be done to build up the bone, and provide the needed support for the implant.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Implants stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss in the jaw.
- Implants match your surrounding teeth, and look natural.
- Implants are strong and can withstand heavy pressure for eating all the foods you love.
- Your speech is improved with dental implants.
- Missing teeth can change the shape of your face, and implants can restore your facial structure, and provide proper support.
- Implants support adjacent teeth and fill gaps to provide a straight and beautiful smile.
- Dental implants are a permanent solution to tooth loss and can last for years.
Looking for Dental Implants in Downtown Core?
If you are looking for a dentist near you, R2 Center for Dentistry is the leading practice for dental implants in Manhattan KS. Our facility uses state of the art equipment and technology, and we provide a welcoming environment for all of our patients. Let our team help you restore your smile and feel confident again around others. Schedule a consultation with us to find out if dental implants are right for you.
To schedule your implant consultation, contact R2 Center for Dentistry Manhattan, and our friendly staff will be happy to assist you.